International Experience Canada (IEC) gives youth (ages 18 to 35, depending on the country and program) the opportunity to travel and work in Canada for up to 2 years.


There are 3 different kinds of work and travel experiences available:

  • Working Holiday
  • Young Professionals
  • International Co-op (Internship)


If you’re a citizen of a partner country, you may be able to apply to one or more of these 3 categories.



Use the online CIC questionnaire to see if you meet the criteria to get into the IEC pools. It will take you about 10 minutes. It will ask you about your:

  • country of citizenship
  • country of permanent residence (where you live permanently)
  • country of residence (where you live now)
  • student status (if this applies to you)
  • job offer (if this applies to you)


Create your profile today to be entered into the pool for an invitation to apply!